A colourful seed packet wedding favour displaying a colourful peacock! Peacocks are extraordinary birds and one of our favourites. These seed packet peacock wedding favours are available in recycled white or manilla – just let us know your preference in the drop down menu above. The packet is also personalised with your wedding details – please advise those in the Personalisation box above.
The seeds are viable for a few years so will be OK if you are not using them for a while – just store them somewhere cool and dry out of direct sunlight.
The wildflower seeds are perfect for all sorts of insects. The seeds have been grown in the UK and are UK species only.
The seed packet measures 9 x 12 cm and the seeds are inside in a paper sachet (not foil and plastic). The sowing instructions are printed on the back.
Do you like how we have replaced some of the feather patterns with flowers?!
Some interesting peacock facts:
- peacocks are actually known as “pea fowl”. Males are “peacocks”, females are “pea hens” and babies are “pea chicks”
- a group of pea fowl is known as a harem, whereas a group of females is known as a bevy, a muster, a party or an ostentation
- peacocks don’t start growing their magnificent tail feathers until the age of 3
- in the wild they have an average lifespan of 20 years
- they shed their tail feathers every year
- when a peacock fans its tail feathers during mating season, the feathers quiver, emitting a low-frequency sound inaudible to human ears. Depending on whether they want to attract females from far away or up close, they can change the sound by shaking different parts of their feathers
- their tail feathers are known as a train
Give your guests wildflower seeds to give nature a helping hand – they will be rewarded with beautiful wildflowers and more butterflies and bees!
About the Seeds
There are 15 species of wildflower in this mix, although not every packet may have all 15, due to seed distribution. The seeds are grown in the UK and are UK species only – all of them are amazing for insects! Seed content is as follows:
Yarrow, Lesser Knapweed, Wild Carrot, Ladies Bedstraw, Rough Hawkbit, Ox-eye Daisy, Ribwort Plantain, Cowslip, Selfheal, Meadow Buttercup, Yellow Rattle, Sorrel, Salad Burnet, White Campion and Red Campion.