Every gal want to look her best on her wedding day and the skin care beauty regime for a flawless look starts before the wedding! That is not to say you have to be plastered in make-up but you can get your skin prepared so it is even more beautiful and nourished than normal!
Obviously you need to eat well to enable your body to be at its best. These foods are all good skin care foods:
- strawberries have high levels of Vitamin C (Vit C helps keep skinless dry and therefore less wrinkly!)
- olive oil provides antioxiodants (and can also be rubbed on to the skin to moisturise)
- green tea is also full of important anti-oxidants and, can also help reduce puffiness if wet green tea bags are placed on the eyes for 10 minutes or so
- blueberries are one of nature’s superfoods for hair and skin
- spinach is also jam-packed with vitamins and minerals, and also lutein – good for healthy, sparkling eyes
- tomatoes contain lycopene, a great anti-aging antioxidant
- walnuts – due to their omega-3 and Vitamin E content, walnuts are great for hair and skin
- dark chocolate (wahoo!) helps keep skin hydrated and also, to a degree, provides some sun damage protection for the skin
It’s all very well keeping skin healthy from the inside, what about the outside? We came across Zoe Bee vegan skincare products and fell in love with them. But don’t just take our word for it, read what others are saying! Although the range is small, the products really do pack a punch and are perfect to get your skin (and hair) ready for your wedding day.
Charcoal and Oat Miracle Cream with SPF
This cream has many uses in preparing for your wedding day – it can fade scars and stretch marks, heal skin conditions, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, soothe sunburn, soften dry skin, strengthen nails, remove hard skin on feet (vital if wearing slingbacks on your wedding day!), can be used as a lip balm and can also repair split ends (hurrah for that, hair needs to be lustrous and split-end-free on your wedding day!). What a lot of usefulness in a jar! How can this be? It’s all in the ingredients:
1. Activated black charcoal – absorbs and draws out impurities, keeping your skin clear
2. Organic oats – soothe dry skin conditions. Oatmeal contains both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, so is perfect for sensitive skin and to treat a variety of skin disorders
3. Unrefined coconut oil – increases hydration, softens skin and reduces wrinkles, keeping the skin moisturized. The saturated fats help the skin stay moisturized. Coconut oil also contains three fatty acids —capric, caprylic and lauric acid — that possess both disinfectant and antimicrobial properties, helping to protect against as well as heal microbial infections
4. Sweet orange oil – anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that can fight the bacteria that cause acne and inflammation.
5. Tamanu oil – promotes the formation of new tissue
6. Raw shea butter – naturally rich in vitamins A, E and F, and provides UV protection (SPF6)
7. Grape seed oil – helps to fade scars and dark circles, and hydrates skin
8. Avocado oil – triggers the production of collagen by the skin to keep skin healthy and protect against signs of ageing.
9. Zinc oxide – a natural preservative and UV protection.
These pretty creams are all about the wrinkles, pesky things! They contain many of the above ingredients, specifically keeping skin hydrated and helping reduce fine lines and wrinkles – raw shea butter, unrefined coconut oil, zinc oxide, red raspberry seed oil, almond oil, tamanu oil, vitaman E oil. Perfect as a stand-alone face cream.
Zoe Bee products look great and work great. Your skin is the largest organ in your body and it readily absorbs many of the things it comes in contact with whether bad or good? You need to pamper your skin without the use of chemicals and the negative reactions they can sometimes cause. Zoe Bee’s vegan products do not contain chemicals and are the ultimate pampering regime in the weeks leading up to your wedding day! www.etsy.com/shop/zoebeebeauty
If you have used Zoe Bee products, let us know how your skin felt afterwards!